Thursday 7 October 2010

SHANNON STOKES-- H&M CONTEST PLEASE SUPPORT LOVE PEOPLE THAT PUSH THERE TALENTS

about the artist SHANNON STOKES
I'm an Illustrator/Fashion Designer. My work usually deals primarily with fashion illustration. The vast majority of my artwork is done entirely by hand but on occasion I utilize a mixed-media approach. I tend to favor hand done illustrations because it imparts a human touch that only traditional artist mediums can convey.




about the piece BIG APPLE EDGE
I wanted to re-conceptualize the "Big Apple". In my mind NYC is a glamourous, tough resilient city able to handle whatever may come. That thought led me to create this apple protected by a hard chic armor. I wanted to also incorporate a few symbolic elements: the texture of the streets, a leaf for humanity and fragility, architecture of the buildings as a framework that holds it all together. My piece can be either a large sculpture or artwork

the link to vote..only 8 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment